Monday, June 1, 2009

All Good Things

The tents came down today and much of the equipment was loaded into the Maryland Historical Trust van. A sad time.

On behalf of myself, April, and the extended PTAP team, I heartily thank our friends at the Trust for their help and collegiality. We also thank Mark Thomason for the use of his front-end loader and bush hog, and his work with the machine. Machines can save a great deal of valuable labor, labor better devoted to excavation than backfilling holes.

Dennis Curry (Maryland Historical Trust) and I did a few quick calculations this morning. We put the total value of the ASM field session at between $50,000 and $60,000. Thank you Trust and thank you ASM.

I would also like to commend my crew and April's students...you guys performed admirably.

And to all of you who participated or visited, we had a great time and we hope you did too. Your help and interest cannot be quantified in currency.

Jim

No comments: