Saturday, June 21, 2008

Evening of Day 9

The afternoon went by quickly. I spent most of that time drawing profiles of excavation unit walls in the jailhouse area (more Native American artifacts found there). Dio's team worked on a possible hearth feature, Pete's team opened a new unit to expose a possible cellar feature, Jim drew plan views of the cemetery, and Scott supervised the excavation of a new unit in the jail area.

Thanks to Bonnie and Franny we had a dinner feast of eggplant parmesean and lasagna. Another night outside the Burch House is in store for us.


-April
-------------------------------
April M. Beisaw

2 comments:

Dancing Willow said...

Yet another fun and informative weekend it was for the expert and the amateur archaeologist wanna-beez! I was so jazzed to work along-side you folks I know, and acquaint myself with new faces or those I've only in the past heard of. Thank you all SO much for the friendship, comradeship, and exchange of conversation and knowledge. I will treasure the memories and can't wait to share the pictures! Until next time... Smiles, Franny*

Dionisios said...

Before I started this project, I flew in from Chicago on a red-eye flight. Now that I am done, I left the project with a pink-eye infection...

Still, a great way to spend my vacation!! Thanks for making me a part of it.